MLFHS Online Shop
Manchester, Whalley Range, English Martyrs RC Church, Baptisms 1876-1912 (Download)Code:
A scanned copy of the original baptism registers 1876-1908 complete with a transcript of the 827 baptisms performed and an index to the 3,610 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the register.
The English Martyrs, Whalley Range: 1876-1912
This parish began as part of St Bede’s College and shared a dedication with it, public Mass being celebrated in the school-hall from 1876. In 1892 the Mission and the College were formally separated, and Fr James Rowan appointed as Rector, in 1896 a large new church was built further up Alexandra Road. The parish continued to develop in the 20th century, but the decline of the Whalley Range district in the post WW2 years saw the English Martyrs go into decline
About this Transcript
The information which is contained in this download has been transcribed from the original registers, scans of which are included. Information has been indexed as written. The originals are held by the Lancashire Record Office at Preston.