MLFHS Online Shop
Manchester, Bradford, St. Bridget's RC Church, Baptisms 1879-1918 (Download)Code:
A scanned copy of the original baptism registers 1879-1918 complete with a transcript of the 8,103 baptisms performed and an index to the 34,443 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the register.
The Church of St Brigid, Bradford cum Beswick
St Brigid’s was established as a daughter Mission to St Anne, Ancoats, the foundation stone of the school-chapel on Mill Street was laid by Cardinal Manning, 2 September 1877, the building was opened 20 January 1878, and the Mission became independent the following year under the charge of Rev. Sassen. The chapel was later replaced by an Iron church opened 18 May 1884, then by a large gothic church with seating for 800, the foundation stone of which was laid 12 May 1900 and the building opened 3 March 1901.
St Brigid’s church was compulsorily purchased for a road building scheme in the early 1990s and replaced with a modern one which opened in 1995 served from St Vincent de Paul, Openshaw, then later from St Anne, Ancoats.
About this Transcript
The information which is contained in this download has been transcribed from the original registers, scans of which are included. Information has been indexed as written. The originals are held by the Lancashire Record Office at Preston.