MLFHS Online Shop
Manchester, St. Patrick RC Church, Livesey Street, Baptisms 1852-1897 (Download)Code:
A scanned copy of the original baptism registers 1852-1897 complete with a transcript 1860-1897 of the 3,579 baptisms performed and an index to the 16,659 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the register for that period (the register 1852-1860 is badly damaged and largely illegible).
St Patrick, Livesey Street (1860-1897)
Manchester’s fourth Catholic chapel opened in 1832 to serve the eastern side of the town, it was soon adopted as the unofficial base of the Irish population of the area and spawned many daughter parishes. The original church was demolished and rebuilt in 1932. Registers of baptisms 1832-1860 and of burials 1832-1858 have also been published on CD by the Catholic FHS.About this Transcript
The information which is contained in this download has been transcribed from the original registers, scans of which are included. Information has been indexed as written. The originals are held by the Lancashire Record Office at Preston.