MLFHS Online Shop
Manchester, Ardwick, St. Aloysius, Baptisms 1854-1903 (Download)Code:
A scanned copy of the original baptism registers 1854-1903 complete with a transcript of the 7,516 baptisms performed and an index to the 35,076 names of children, parents and godparents which appear in the register.
St Aloysius, Ardwick (1854-1903)
The Ardwick Catholic Sunday School was opened on Chancery Lane in 1838 from Granby Row; the school later moved to Midland Street and then in 1852 to a school-chapel built in a factory on Ogden Street. The Mission became independent in December 1853; the floor of the chapel collapsed in 1880 killing two parishioners, and the gothic church in Palfrey Place was subsequently opened in 1885. The parish was dissolved, and the church was closed and demolished in 1988.
About this Transcript
The information which is contained in this download has been transcribed from the original registers, scans of which are included. Information has been indexed as written. The originals are held by the Lancashire Record Office at Preston.