Welcome to the MLFHS Online Shop
Cart 0
Stretford, St. Ann's RC Church

Salford Diocesan Archive

Stretford, St. Ann's RC Church

£10.00 inc VAT for customers within the EU

Baptisms 1859-1925, Confirmations 1867-1929 & Marriages 1865-1925 on CDROM
Transcribed & Edited by L.R. Gregory in association with the Salford Diocesan Archives. The Stretford mission was founded in 1859 as chapel-of-ease to All Saints, Barton. From 1860 it was served for a period by the Franciscan Fathers at Gorton until 1863 when the original chapel on Herbert Street was replaced with the present gothic style church designed by E.W. Pugin, opened in November 1863 at the expense of the de Trafford family of Trafford Park. During the 20th Century the Parish expanded dramatically and two daughter parishes were later separated from it; at Firswood (1928) and at Lostock (1936). The church survived being hit by a shower of incendiary bombs during the WW2 blitz, when it was saved by the heroic actions of the local community and during the 1960s it was modernised and updated for post Vatican worship.

Share this Product

More from this collection