Manchester, Collegiate Church Burials 1573-1868Code:
£10.21 inc VAT for customers within the EU
In 1848 the Collegiate Church dedicated to SS Mary, Denys and George, became Manchester Cathedral. At the same time, the principal parish burial ground closed. Approaching 150,000 people were buried in the Old Churchyard and the three “overspill” burial grounds at Apple Market, Angel Meadow and Walkers Croft from 1573 to 1848 (and a small number in the Cathedral burial ground over the following 20 years). Many of those buried were paupers who in the later years formed the majority of those buried. This CDROM contains details of all burials recorded in the burial registers of Manchester Collegiate Church (Cathedral) arranged in order of surname/forename/date of burial and contains all of the information contained in the original register entries.